Pro Dunk Hoops Review – DO NOT BUY FROM THEM

I recently bought a Pro Dunk Hoop, and the powder coat is already faulty. I even upgraded to their rust armor. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Even the less expensive Goalrilla and Spalding I see in my neighborhood have better powder coat. As you read the Pro Dunk Hoop reviews on their website they are overwhelming positive. They do a good job screening the reviews as confirmed by my own review not making it on their website. Secondly, I was able to find some Pro Dunk complaints similar to my issue from customers on Amazon and Yelp that also mention that their reviews were also omitted from the Pro Dunk website. I also attached screen shots of these additional Pro Dunk reviews, and included links below to the actual posts.

My basketball goal already has the powder coat coming off from the steel in a very short time. What is the point of an expensive product if it has a very poor finish? Did I mention I upgraded to their rust armor? When I called Pro Dunk they said to apply some black spray paint, and the warranty does not cover cosmetic issues. I would expect more from a company that advertises to be in business for 30 years. Actually, when I saw how they advertised their 30+ years of business I felt comfortable buying something this expensive online site unseen. After researching this company some more, I realized they are nothing more than a father and his sons selling hoops from their house. The attached google maps link looks like they have a storage shed they store the hoops in. It is easy to make the 30 year business claim when you operate from a storage shed located at your house.,+Tomball,+TX+77377/@30.0856554,-95.6714943,19z/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x86472ba0d31e3741:0xd0409860b1b69dca

I wish I had found these reviews earlier prior to making my purchase. The Pro Dunk reviews on Amazon even have ADDITONAL customer comments written below the primary review validating and confirming they had the same issue. RUSTING PARTS BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX WITH RUST ARMOR!

FYI… To see all of the Pro Dunk reviews on Yelp you have to EXPAND the review posted on 6/5/2014 and click “read more”. Or you can just look at the attached screen shot I included that already has it expanded.

If you buy from Pro Dunk Hoops and have issues be prepared for excuses and no help. Hopefully this information will help someone else make a better decision than me.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.