Pro Dunk Hoops Review – DO NOT BUY FROM THEM
I recently bought a Pro Dunk Hoop, and the powder coat is already faulty. I even upgraded to their rust armor. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY! Even the less expensive Goalrilla and Spalding I see in my neighborhood have better powder coat. As you read the Pro Dunk Hoop reviews on their website they are overwhelming positive. They do a good job screening the reviews as confirmed by my own review not making it on their website. Secondly, I was able to find some Pro Dunk complaints similar to my issue from customers on Amazon and Yelp that also mention that their reviews were also omitted from the Pro Dunk website. I also attached screen shots of these additional Pro Dunk reviews, and included links below to the actual posts.
My basketball goal already has the powder coat coming off from the steel in a very short time. What is the point of an expensive product if it has a very poor finish? Did I mention I upgraded to their rust armor? When I called Pro Dunk they said to apply some black spray paint, and the warranty does not cover cosmetic issues. I would expect more from a company that advertises to be in business for 30 years. Actually, when I saw how they advertised their 30+ years of business I felt comfortable buying something this expensive online site unseen. After researching this company some more, I realized they are nothing more than a father and his sons selling hoops from their house. The attached google maps link looks like they have a storage shed they store the hoops in. It is easy to make the 30 year business claim when you operate from a storage shed located at your house.
I wish I had found these reviews earlier prior to making my purchase. The Pro Dunk reviews on Amazon even have ADDITONAL customer comments written below the primary review validating and confirming they had the same issue. RUSTING PARTS BRAND NEW OUT OF THE BOX WITH RUST ARMOR!
FYI… To see all of the Pro Dunk reviews on Yelp you have to EXPAND the review posted on 6/5/2014 and click “read more”. Or you can just look at the attached screen shot I included that already has it expanded.
If you buy from Pro Dunk Hoops and have issues be prepared for excuses and no help. Hopefully this information will help someone else make a better decision than me.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Poor product
- Poor customer service
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Basketball Goal System
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "After checking the two locations within 25 miles of my house only to find out they both were out of stock, I finally ordered the limited edition Santa Cruz Star..."
- "Complaint Description:I entered into an agreement via email with EASTERN LETTERING They did not do what they said they would do Asked Eastern Lettering to provide a nameplate switch and..."
- "I purchased an NFL jersey on what looked like NFLshop.com from my phone. It seemed like a great deal on Black Friday and it was too good to be..."
- " I am a resident at the Pinnacle at Union Hills and have been for almost 3 years. There are some major issues with my unit that have not been fixed..."
- "Bought a 7" RCA tablet (RCT6077W22) back on Friday this last Christmas from Wal-mart and it took only 7 months to die. The battery started to grow slowly. ..."
- "Ordered a pair of expensive shoes, came at the time it said it would, in good condition (or so it seemed). Opened them up they look good, not 91$ good,..."
- "I first spoke with chat agent Peter. He gave me the part numbers of the LED headlights that supposedly fit my Subaru. I made the purchase and three..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."